Help Save our Seas by joining with your family our Conservation Day @ The Beach
Saturday, May 26 at Pui O Beach (Lantau) from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Reserve your space. Click here!!!!
Brought to you by Treasure Island Group with The Mexican Chamber of Commerce and the Consulate General of Mexico in Hong Kong, with the support of WWF Hong Kong. Special thanks to Moonzen Brewery.
The Save Our Seas Conservation Day @ The Beach seeks to increase awareness about the importance of the conservation of our oceans and the species that live in it. Help us highlight the role we all can play in preventing pollution, promoting sustainable fisheries, and protecting biodiversity.
The following activities will take place:
1. Beach Cleanup, as part of the awareness campaign to free our oceans of plastic. Children will also be invited to participate in Junior Eco-Warrior activities.
2. Wall Art Painting. All are invited to paint a design made by Mexican artist Jaime Ruiz Martínez to continue promoting the efforts to save two critically endangered marine species in Mexico: the vaquita marina porpoise and the totoaba fish. Totoaba is illegally fished in Mexico because of the high demand for its maw in the south China region. The vaquita entangle in illegal gillnets and ghost nets.
3. Screening of film “A Plastic Ocean” by Craig Leeson.
4. Short presentation on environmental challenges and conservation efforts. We will highlight the contributions of private individuals and civil society organizations around the world.
5. Camping. See information below.
Treasure Island will provide a buffet lunch for all and organize all activities. A donation is needed to cover expenses. Remaining funds will be destined for ghost net removal activities in Hong Kong. Hundreds of kilometres of fishing nets are abandoned by humans in the ocean every year, killing animals for decades before they disintegrate. The cost per participant is HKD 250 (HKD 150 per child under 15).
To participate please confirm your space at http://www.treasureislandhk.com/bookings or send an e-mail before May 19 to the following address: email@example.com.
CAMPING OPTIONS: Treasure Island invites participants to stay the night and camp. Advance booking can be done on their website (http://www.treasureislandhk.com/) using PayPal. The rental fee for a tent for 2 people is HKD 500, and for a family-size tent (4-6 people) is HKD 700. A HKD 500 security deposit is also needed. This includes a simple breakfast (coffee, tea, fruits, toast/croissant, butter and jam). For dinner, a simple beach bar style menu will be available for purchase. Check-out time on Sunday is 12pm.
The detailed schedule of activities is as follows:
Saturday, May 26
9am: Campsite CHECK-IN opens. Treasure Island is a short minibus ride away from Mui Wo (Lantau).
10am: SHORT PRESENTATION. We will focus on what we can do to help, and issues facing endangered species.
10:30am: WALL PAINTING SESSION 1. Everyone is invited to help paint the mural.
ACTIVITY SESSION 1 - JUNIOR ECO-WARRIORS SANDY SHORES (Children up 12 years old)
12:30pm: Buffet lunch
2:00pm: WALL PAINTING SESSION 2
ACTIVITY SESSION 2 - BEACH CLEAN-UP (Adults & Children)
4:00pm: WALL PAINTING SESSION 3
6:00pm: SCREENING of film “A Plastic Ocean”, by Craig Leeson.
7:00pm: End of Conservation Day
RESERVE YOUR SPACE AT https://bit.ly/2KmKGZT OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.